Lead Development Consultant
Job no: 492320
Work type: Full time
Categories: Architect, Development
Kloud's vision is for all consultants to work as trusted advisors to our customers. This vision means our customers have come to expect that any Kloud consultant they engage is not only highly technically proficient, but also able to guide and support business stakeholders in a professional and intelligent fashion.
We are currently searching for a Lead Development Consultant to join our Sydney team. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working at C level to help identify, define and implement solutions. Kloud's technical leaders are comfortable coding, often with the latest technology – they cherish, and are proud of, their deep and wide scope of experience and don't want to lose those skills by being trapped in meetings all day.
What else will I be involved in?
- Initial customer engagement and pre-sales including solution envisioning
- Detailed solution design and delivery approach including cost estimation
- Leading implementation of yours or other's designs
- Operational hand-over of solutions to Kloud's Managed Services
- Working in Agile team environments where your Certified ScrumMaster experience is viewed highly.
- Strategy engagements that develop roadmaps or transition plans based on guidance from customer senior business stakeholders.
If you put a pick tick next to the following statements you might be Kloud's next technical leader!
- Throughout your career you have developed a deep understanding of various architectures, tools and languages keeping current with the contemporary trends and can find a solution regardless of technology stack. We want people who are passionate technologists without being platform zealots.
- You enjoy identifying technical and non-technical solutions for customer challenges and are happy to guide customers to a solution that will best suit their business now and preparing them for the future.
- You know what you know – so you can share this knowledge not just with technical peers and customers but you can work with internal sales teams to help identify other ways we can help existing and new customers.
- You value the importance of "keeping on the tools" and are as capable of coding a solution as you are in architecting the solution for others to deliver.
Your tech skills
Kloud has traditionally been focused on the Microsoft tech stack and we continue to have a strong focus on it, however like most progressive organisations we are also focused on empowering our customers to achieve more on many different platforms. Here's an idea of what we look for at a high level:
- Strong focus on CI / CD – probably the first thing you do on any project is figure out how to automate build, tests and deployments to production. You are comfortable working with services like Jenkins, TeamCity, Visual Studio Team Services and Github.
- Exposure to systems built using modern methods such as NoSQL data stores, REST APIs, asynchronous messaging and microservices (did we crack buzzword bingo yet?)
- Operational feature delivery – allowing ops teams to manage and monitor solutions you deliver. Building telemetry and logging into your solution is a non-negotiable part of your design.
- Cloud platform (Azure/AWS/GCP) exposure is ideal, but regardless, if you've designed and built systems at enterprise-scale we want to talk!
On a day to day basis you will likely be based at client sites across Sydney with the size and scale of our projects often meaning you will be constantly at a single customer for a set period. We prefer to focus consultants in this way as it generates better outcomes than having consultants float between many customers at once.
This role will include a component of pre-sales and customer engagement, so there will be periods where you will step out of customer engagements for short periods to focus on helping our sales team onboard the next set of opportunities for our team to work on.
As you've seen we have team members who are passionate about technology but we also want them to have a balance as much as possible. This means we use locally-based consultants for locally-based projects which minimises long-term travel across our team.
The Kloud team prides itself on being populated with very accomplished professionals – people who can self-manage, who know what they need to do and who enjoy working in an organisation with a relatively flat management structure. The team is highly collaborative, and a key part of taking ownership for your role at Kloud is knowing when to ask for help and when to offer it to others.
Apply now by clicking the link to start a conversation with us. It might be some time since you last looked for an opportunity – if you don't have a CV still apply with a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and your LinkedIn Profile while you compile your resume.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend