Lead Development Consultant
Job no: 492320
Work type: Full time
Categories: Architect, Development
Are you a Lead Developer with a strong technical skills set with the Microsoft Stack and CI/CD ? Are you searching for an opportunity that will utitlise more than just your development skills? Outside of your strong coding skills our Lead developers are involved in:
- Structured work order writing – beyond simply scoping of technical deliverables for a piece of work.
- Full end-to-end engagement from selling a technical vision to final delivery.
- Enjoying the “land and expand” nature of professional services consulting
- Own delivery and issues – actively work to improve the engagement, opportunity and team
At Kloud we are currently searching for a Lead Development Consultant to join our Sydney team.
Your skills and technical experience.
Kloud has traditionally been focused on the Microsoft tech stack and we continue to have a strong focus on it, however like most progressive organisations we are also focused on empowering our customers to achieve more on many different platforms. Here’s an idea of what we look for at a high level:
- Consulting background – used to working with customers and dealing with competing organisational demands.
- Team mentoring, technical design and a complete understanding of the application lifecycle and release management.
- Good spread of technical experience and whole-of-SDLC experience including packaging and deployment (Octopus Deploy or similar).
- Large enterprise projects experience.
- Experience of working on large scale cloud projects
- Strong focus on CI / CD – probably the first thing you do on any project is figure out how to automate build, tests and deployments to production. You are comfortable working with services like Jenkins, TeamCity, Visual Studio Team Services and Github.
- Exposure to systems built using modern methods such as NoSQL data stores, REST APIs, asynchronous messaging and microservices (did we crack buzzword bingo yet?)
- Operational feature delivery – allowing ops teams to manage and monitor solutions you deliver. Building telemetry and logging into your solution is a non-negotiable part of your design.
- Cloud platform (Azure/AWS/GCP) exposure is ideal, but regardless, if you’ve designed and built systems at enterprise-scale we want to talk!
The Kloud team prides itself on being populated with very accomplished professionals – people who can self-manage, who know what they need to do and who enjoy working in an organisation with a relatively flat management structure. The team is highly collaborative, and a key part of taking ownership for your role at Kloud is knowing when to ask for help and when to offer it to others.
Apply now by clicking the link to start a conversation with us. It might be some time since you last looked for an opportunity – if you don’t have a CV still apply with a covering letter outlining your interest in the role and your LinkedIn Profile while you compile your resume.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend