DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Job no: 493693
Work type: Full time
Categories: Managed Services, AWS, Cloud Engineer, Powershell
- AWS Managed Services Provider accredited
- Unique, driven & passionate culture
- Opportunity to work alongside like-minded technical cloud experts
Kloud: In a nutshell
Since 2010, Kloud have been dedicated to helping organisations switch on the power of the Cloud to become more agile, connected and efficient - but we are so much more than that.
- Microsoft Gold Partner + AWS Advanced Consulting Partner
- Over 270 Kloudies globally, with many more to come
- Enterprise and Government clients = Large-scale, complex projects that you can really sink your teeth into!
Kloudies definition: a diverse team of passionate and talented Cloud technology experts who move organisations to the Cloud and help them stay there. Could YOU be our next Kloudie?
Key purpose of the role
Kloud is currently looking to expand our Managed Services team in VIC, and we are actively looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with Amazon Web Services (AWS) specialisation to join our Managed Services team
This specific position is for a customer focused and passionate systems engineer with significant hands-on DevOps experience implementing and managing automated infrastructure and code deployments in Amazon Web Services (AWS). As a key member of the Kloud Managed Services team you will also coach and mentor our current staff in developing DevOps skills and solutions. You will be responsible for BAU design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities, escalated support and mentoring.
In being an advocate of technology, you will have a varied and technically challenging role, collaborating and communicating with customer stakeholders and other members of the service team, coding and scripting as well as process re-engineering. You will produce results as both an individual contributor and a team player.
To be effective and successful in this role, you must possess strong organisational skills, exceptional communication skills, customer relationship and process management skills to compliment your solid background in technical support.
Necessary Experience and Technical skills and Requirements
- At least 8 years of IT experience
- Including at least 2 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- AWS Certification
- Solid skills in Cloud automation on AWS with CloudFormation
- Solid experience with scripting languages and automation tools such as Powershell, Python, Ruby, BASH, Perl, Chef or Puppet
- A strong grasp of Microsoft Server configuration management, and systems management within AWS. Linux skills would be well regarded
- Experience with code management tools
- Experience with a wide variety of open source platforms, technologies, and tools
- Experience with small, incremental, and frequent code integration, testing, and deployment
- Knowledge of best practices for always-on services
- A good understanding of AWS backup tools
- Experience installing and performing changes to AWS IaaS and PaaS services, following design or installation specifications
- A strong desire to continue to learn more about Cloud platforms and technologies
- Experience developing technical documentation
Additional requirements of the position will include:
- Availability for scheduled work outside of normal business hours
- Rotating on-call roster system
- Clear an Australian Federal Police Check
What do you get in return?
Apart from the obvious chance to work with the latest and greatest tech - Kloudies get some pretty epic perks:
- BYOD environment (technical allowance provided to cover this)
- Flexible working arrangements (future ways of working!)
- Yearly training and development allowance
- Telstra discounts and benefits
- Microsoft subscriptions, awards, bonuses, parties, breakfasts, birthday lunches, afternoon drinks + more
- Companywide weekends away
- Part of a family-feel, supportive culture who are all about knowledge sharing
- Flat structure internally - Work alongside technically exceptional people
- A unique ‘People Leader’ programme focusing purely on your training and development plan – ran by internal Kloudies that are passionate about coaching and mentoring!! You could also be our next PL!!
Kloud prides itself on our amazing culture; we are extremely fortunate to have a strong reputation in the Australian marketplace for technical experts and this is an exceptional opportunity for you to be a part of that.
To apply to be our next Kloudie – please click Apply Now! Only candidates eligible to work in Australia will be considered at this time. No Agency Enquires.
For the latest in digital insights, visit our Kloud Blog.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend