Application Support Developer - Managed Services - NSW
Job no: 493705
Work type: Full time
Kloud: In a nutshell
Since 2010, Kloud have been dedicated to helping organisations switch on the power of the Cloud to become more agile, connected and efficient - but we are so much more than that.
- Microsoft Gold Partner + AWS Advanced Consulting Partner
- Over 270 Kloudies globally, with many more to come
- Enterprise and Government clients = Large-scale, complex projects that you can really sink your teeth into!
Kloudies definition: a diverse team of passionate and talented Cloud technology experts who move organisations to the Cloud and help them stay there.
Key purpose of the role
Kloud is currently looking for an experienced Application Support Developer to join our Managed Services team in Sydney. This specific position is for an Application Support Developer who will provide application support to Kloud
Managed Services customers. Resolve customer requests, answer questions, and provide proactive services via email, telephone or in person. The Application Support Developer is a key member of the Kloud Managed Services Team.
In being an advocate of technology, you will have a varied and technically challenging role, being involved in
operational support, technology deployment, and assisting in the product development lifecycle. You will produce results as both an individual contributor and a team player. To be effective and successful in this role, you must possess strong organisational skills, exceptional communication, customer relationship and process management skills to compliment your solid background in technical support.
Necessary Experience and Technical Skills and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the IT/internet/managed services/outsourcing industry in a mid-level development capacity
- .NET application development experience is required together with experience supporting SQL Databases
- A deep comprehension of the SharePoint development and a good experience of Microsoft’s development tools, platforms, and frameworks including identifying and resolving software bugs
- Desirable to have Angular, java script or experience with Enterprise level custom applications
- Exposure to APIs, although this is not essential
- Solid skills in Cloud automation on Azure is desirable
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- PowerShell scripting skills and experience is mandatory
- Experience with a Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) is desirable
- Mobile application development experience would be well regarded
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of ITIL processes; ITIL Foundation certification desirable
- A strong desire to continue to learn more about Cloud platforms and technologies
- Experience developing technical documentation
Additional requirements of the position will include:
- Availability for support work outside of normal business hours
- Rotating on-call roster system
- Clear an Australian Federal Police Check
Kloud prides itself on our amazing culture; we are extremely fortunate to have a strong reputation in the Australian marketplace for technical experts and this is an exceptional opportunity to deliver a first-rate service to enterprise level clients, and further develop your strong technical capability.
What do you get in return?
Apart from the obvious chance to work with the latest and greatest tech - Kloudies get some pretty epic perks:
- BYOD environment (technical allowance provided to cover this)
- Flexible working arrangements (future ways of working!)
- Yearly training and development allowance
- Telstra discounts and benefits
- Microsoft subscriptions, awards, bonuses, parties, breakfasts, birthday lunches, afternoon drinks + more
- Companywide weekends away
- Part of a family-feel, supportive culture who are all about knowledge sharing
- Flat structure internally - Work alongside technically exceptional people
- A unique ‘People Leader’ program focusing purely on your training and development plan – ran by internal Kloudies that are passionate about coaching and mentoring!! You could also be our next PL!!
Kloud prides itself on our amazing culture; we are extremely fortunate to have a strong reputation in the Australian marketplace for technical experts and this is an exceptional opportunity for you to be a part of that.
ARE YOU OUR NEXT KLOUDIE?!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend